New Screwshield arrives following the steps of the Deluxe edition ScrewShield. This time dedicated to Arduino world only, supporting both Arduino Mega and Arduino Due.
The SPI pins (the ones in the center) are replicated to screws, while beeing mapped to the TFT header in order to allow the usage of the Sdcard supplied with TFT module.
Please find below detailed features.
- Compact PCB;
- Suitable for any board with arduino Mega/Due footprint;
- R3 Pins mapped;
- 2×3 header mapped to screw terminals for SPI usage with Arduino Due;
- Multiple power connections available;
- TFT header with two possible connections. One female to attach the TFT directly to shield, other may be choosen below in combo box as male pinheader (facing backside of the shield) to allow the usage of a normal IDE cable to connect the TFT to shield, or other female connector;
- Option for 5V or 3V3 TFT power;
- TFT back-light might be always on or PWM controlled through pin 10;
- Screw terminals with multiple ground connections for easier and reliable interconnection;
- RTC chip (DS1307+) and battery included with possibility to disconnect it completely;
- RTC PullUP resistors may or may not be used depending on the application;
- Built-in logic level translation for Arduino Mega on TFT display headers;
- Low power consumption;
Redesigned PCB to allow the following changes:
- Redesign heat dissipation for the 3.3V regulator. It’s now possible to add a small heatsink with glue tape in the upper part of the PCB. Heatsink should be of maximum 6x7mm. This is optional, heatsink is not included.
- Added 5V to pin 18 on the TFT headers for compatability with some TFT’s available.
- PCB now in blue color.
Redesigned PCB to allow insertion of the following new features.
- Added 3V3 voltage regulator to safely provide power to some 5″ TFT or higher that pull the backlight power from the 3V3 pin instead of the LEDA pin. This way, you can safely use Arduino Mega with this big screens.
- Added arduino Due dedicated pinout for better performance on your graphic demanding projects. All data pins are in PORTC allowing for a faster writing speed to the TFT.
- Jumpers are now in colors for better function identification.
Warning: TFT is for illustration only, it’s not included in the package.
Documents And Libraries:
Download User guide V1.0
Download User guide V2.0
Download Patched library files
Download Pin Mapping
We have now two more shipping options available.
We continue to work hard to give our costumers the best experience possible when buying from us.